I am a social psychologist working as an Assistant Professor at Sopot Social Cognition Lab in SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Sopot, Poland. I’ve worked also as postdoc at Psycholinguistique & Psychologie Sociale Appliquée team at the University of Fribourg (thanks to SCIEX.ch funding).
In my studies I want to find out how and why we integrate bodily induced concrete experiences into abstract concepts/metaphors. What we try to show is that bodily sensations can increase the accessibility of thought content and the processes they typically co-occur with. My work centers around how people make use of that kind of modal information. My research tackles hypotheses that bodily experience (related to abstract metaphors) influences both perceptions of others and one’s own actions.
Other topics include person perception (agency vs. communion) and moral psychology.
Should you need more information, please feel free to contact me at mparzuchowski(at)swps.edu.pl.
- Parzuchowski, M., Szymkow, A., Baryla, W., Wojciszke, B. (in press). From the Heart: Hand over Heart as an Embodiment of Honesty. Cognitive Processing. doi: 10.1007/s10339-014-0606-4.
- Parzuchowski, M., & Szymkow-Sudziarska, A. (2008). Well, slap my thigh: Expression of surprise facilitates memory of surprising material. Emotion, 8(3), 430-434.
- Parzuchowski, M., Wojciszke, B. (2014). Hand over Heart Primes Moral Judgments and Behavior. Journal of Nonverbal Behavior, 38, 145-165. doi: 10.1007/s10919-013-0170-0.
- Szymków-Sudziarska, A., Chandler, J., Ijzerman, H., Parzuchowski, M., & Wojciszke, B. (2013). Warmer hearts, warmer rooms: Focusing on positive communal but not agentic traits increases estimates of ambient temperature. Social Psychology, 44(2), 167-176. DOI: 10.1027/1864-9335/a000147
- Wojciszke, B., Baryła, W., Parzuchowski, M., Szymków-Sudziarska, A., & Abele, A. E. (2011). Self-esteem is dominated by agentic over communal information. European Journal of Social Psychology, 41, 617-627. doi: 10.1002/ejsp.791
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Introduction to Social Psychology
- Master Thesis Seminar
- Social Motivation
Polna 16/20, Room 207
Campus in Sopot
University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Phone: +48600344101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org